Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Welcome Shooting 8mm Members...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by OptimalStar:
    Well I have no problems with Alex so I'm not going to join the hoards ( [img]eek.gif[/img] ) who seem to be so anti-Alex
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, the day is young. You'll come around.

    Originally posted by OptimalStar:
    but I would just like to say I don't understand your actions Alex with regards to the whole Ebay stunt.

    You haven't convinced me that you're motives were honourable nor neccessary. Maybes we just have different values or ways of doing things...

    This really wasn't an attack,
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">It won't matter what YOUR intent is, Alex will redefine it for you. Note his response to your querie:

    Originally posted by OptimalStar:
    What exactly was my "action" that makes no sense? Leaving a link to a topic that completely related to the sale of the camera, that was started by the person who was selling the camera? Now I am at fault for only leaving it with one bidder. Whereas what, if I had notified every bidder, than that would have made more sense?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">WhatEVER you do, Alex, don't address the issues or we won't recognize you any more.

    Oh yeah, you STILL haven't explained why you interfered with Matt's ebay auction.

    Roger

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, OptimalStar, the last quote wasn't you and supposed to be Alex but I goofed. Now I note that Alex has gotten so paranoid that no one can edit their comments so I can't even correct it. You're a piece of work, Alex. And you called Andreas "power hungry"? Sheesh.


    -Moderator's note-----------This is typical of how Roger fights dirty, and you begin to see what I was up against with the combo of Roger, Matt, and Chas on Brantley's forum. The only reason I stopped the edit function on this forum is because a long time member began deleting their responses to several hundred posts.

    I had became tired of people who claimed to be "supportive" of me but never, not even once, ever stood up against a false innuendo towards me on another forum. So I challenged Cameraguy and Super-8 Booster to not play poser and act like they support me yet never defend me against obvious untruths. Rather than just admit they didn't want to publicly support me, they responded by deleting posts on this forum.

    This forced me to have to get rid of the edit function before they basically terrorized the entire forum via response deletion. Yet Roger trys to turn this known fact into me being power hungry because I want to save topics from being destroyed???


    Roger has gotten many breaks from another moderator for some over the top statements that Roger has made in the past.

    Example, a topic about Hurricane Katrina and the flooding in New Orleans and Roger made some incredibly offensive remarks about the victims. My remarks by contrast were civil and supportive. But you'll never find that topic because it's been deleted by Andreas, not locked, but deleted. -------End of Moderators comment.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 29, 2006 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  3. #23
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger, If you are to imply that whether or not Matt updates his Hostboard topic that he started, that he left in limbo, as having no relevance to the sale of the same camera, then I disagree.

    It's sends a confusing message to others who read Matt's never completed topic post on Hostboard, then discovered he is selling the same camera. I was hoping the situation would be clarified.

    By the way, you continue to spread lies and idiotic comments on me on forums that I cannot defend myself on, and I suppose that is to be expected from you.

  4. #24
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't keep up with you guys right now, I have too many deadlines to deal with. My silence isn't meant as anything more than to deal with what I have deal with for the next day as it relates to my business and filmmaking.

    But it is interesting how you guys have fixated on one very insignificant issue and ignored all the cool things I've been involved in, in regards to Super-8 in last year, and in the last day or two.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    But it is interesting how you guys have fixated on one very insignificant issue and ignored all the cool things I've been involved in, in regards to Super-8 in last year, and in the last day or two.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Gee, I guess we're supposed to ignore your blantant dishonesty and meddling nature because you did something creative? Whatever. Your world, your rules. Goodbye.

    Oh, yeah, almost forgot: Just why was it you interfered with Matt Pacini's ebay auction? Did you not believe his ad when it said the camera worked fine?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Blindowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ALEX ARE YOU REALLY A COMMUNIST????

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    "...how you guys have fixated on one very insignificant issue ...
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">It might be insignificant to you, Alex, but you're unprovoked screwing me over with my ebay sale cost me real money.
    THAT is not insignficant.

    All our past arguments on Mike Brantleys' board, and any other rants & raves us, or anyone else has on internet chat boards, I chalk up to freedom of speech and intellectual debate.
    But you crossed a line by taking an action that cost me real money, and interfered with my business, again (as Roger has stated over and over) was NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS IN ANY WAY.

    OptimalStar, just to clariy what's going on here, I'll give you a bit of history:
    Roger, myself, Alex, and many others on Brantley's hostboard used to have debates about film issues, then Alex would go into one of his temper tantrums, and start making personal attacks, and would go on and on and on, until finally he pissed so many people off, that Mike finally booted him off his board.
    He then did the same thing on another board, so he's been banned from at least two hostboards.
    This was over a year ago.
    So Alex started this board.
    Fine.
    I never camera over here, and I just let him do what he wanted to do, and forgot all about him.
    However, what I didn't know, is that he surfs all the boards, including Brantleys, and when he saw me post that I as selling my camera, he went to the ebay link and screwed me over.
    That is the ONLY reason I'm over here now.
    HE started this, and there is NO excuse.
    And I don't know if he's a card-carrying member of the Communist Party, I suspect not, but after 9-11, he went on, and on, and on, about how America deserved this, etc., in such a way, you'd think he was Bin Laden's right hand man.
    I'm serious.
    I should dig up some of those old posts, and I will if he denies it here.
    He just would NOT shut up with his anti-American **** , which is fine, but he was absolutely as obnoxious as anyone I've ever heard with this stuff, even after everyone told him to lay off.

    So I'm basically over here imitating how Alex was on Brantleys board, to give him a bit of his own medicine, but only Alex can do Alex.


    Matt Pacini

  8. #28
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Everything Matt just said was insane bantering by a very self-indulgent individual.

    As for the Ebay matter, Matt is in denial because he HELD THE TRUMP CARD. All he had to do was update his post on Hostboard and all would have been fine, EVEN AFTER the ONE bidder I sent a link to (and no other comments by the way) contacted Matt.

    Go ahead Matt, why not post what the ONE Bidder actually said to you via email. I bet we'll all see how easily you could have allayed that ONE bidder's fears by simply replying to your original Topic post on Hostboard even after they had emailed you.

    YOU COST YOU MONEY, why I don't know.

  9. #29
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way, Welcome Shooting 8mm Members! You'll all be better off not putting all of your super-8 posts in one forum basket, you will benefit immensely by posting here occasionally.

    There have been a few posts on Shooting 8mm that have gone unanswered that I could have assisted on.
    I've been involved in Super-8 filmmaking since 1980.
    More importantly, I guarantee the amount of flames generated by serious and devoted Super-8 enthusiasts won't be enough to cook a marshmallow.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex, this is stupid, even by your standards.

    Matt said, clearly, that the camera worked fine in his ebay ad. You are trying desperately to make a distinction that WHERE Matt updated his information is somehow important here. Given a choice between stating the camera worked fine in the actual ebay ad and stating that the camera worked fine in a year-old dead post, the logical thing to do would be to state the condition in the ebay ad. WHY? The top bidder would NEVER SEE the old post. The ONLY reason that they did was because YOU sent a link, knowing that the post had not been updated.

    So, in essence, you ignored the updated information in the ad that the camera worked fine and sent a link to a dead post in an effort to convince the top bidder that there might be a problem with the camera. You can try to "spin" this any way you want but the fact is that you blantantly intefered with Matt's auction with less than honorable intentions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •